I have just updated my Asus ROG Strix AMD RX 580 8 GB in the last recommended driver : 18.12.2 but just after that, when I set to the maximum limit of power, fan speed is running and I cannot turn fan speed off, even if I go back to the initial setting of Power Limit. I have tried to reset all settings in Wattman, nothings has changed. I have also restarted/turned off/on my computer, fan speed is still running. So it's like a few minutes of silence, then a few seconds of 1815 RPM horrible vacuum cleaner sound in my case.
So I have uninstalled the driver with DDU and deleted all drivers donwloaded on the AMD folder, installed the latest driver again and when I repeat the same thing, it happened again.
I think I can't use the power limit anymore for a while. Until a new driver comes out, maybe.
So what do you think? Am I able to resolve the issue with the first driver of the 2019 adrenalin edition or not?
My PC (Desktop System) :
- OS : Windows 10 October 2018 update (1809 - OS build 17763.194)
- Motherboard : GIGABYTE Z370 HD3P version 1.0 - BIOS version F10
- CPU : Intel core i5 8600K 3.60 Mghz (Coffee Lake - 8th Generation)
- Graphic Card : Asus TOG Strix AMD RX 580 8 GB OC version
- PSU : FSP S Raider 750W - 80+ Silver
- Memory : DDR4 Corsair LPX vengeance 16 GB - 2100Mhz : 4 slots of 4 GB
- Driver version installed : AMD Radeon Adrenalin software 18.12.2
- Display : Acer KG271A "27 - connected to my PC with HDMI with a refresh mode set at 144 Mhz
- Case : Be Quiet Base 600 - black edition