Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tigerbert
Journeyman III

DVI TV-1 disconnects when HDMI TV-2 is connected: Radeon HD6410D

Hello,

TV-1 is connected via DVI-i to HDMI cable.  When I connect TV-2 via HDMI to HDMI, TV-1 disconnects/no signal.  Both TV monitors work well when connected independently.  Have swapped cables between monitors, same results.  Regardless, when the HDMI to HDMI cable is connected, the DVI to HDMI TV disconnects/no-signal.  Updated HD6410D via Windows 10 Device Manager.  Response is most current is already installed.  AMD website reports that it does not provide updated drivers for this.  Refers me to Microsoft.

Worked fine in March/April 2018.  Now, that I need the second monitor, I'm dead in the water.

Thank you for your help!

System:

Version:  10.0.17134 Build 17134

System:  MSI, Model:  MS-7696

System Type:  x64- based PC

Processor:  AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.70GHz

Graphics:  AMD Radeon HD6410D

Driver Version:  15.201.1151.0

Resolution:  1920 x 1080 x 60Hz

TV/Monitors:  Both Samsung Syncmaster, 22 or 23 inch diagonal.

0 Likes
1 Solution

According to your MSI Support Manual, Your Motherboard DOES NOT SUPPORT  HAVING HDMI and DVI CONNECTIONS AT THE SAME TIME. :

I attached the MSI Manual to this post. You can click on it to download it and check for yourself.

You will need to find a way to use the VGA Output of the motherboard by using a Active VGA-HMDI Adapter to be able to get two video outputs from your integrated Motherboard graphics.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

According to your MSI Support Manual, Your Motherboard DOES NOT SUPPORT  HAVING HDMI and DVI CONNECTIONS AT THE SAME TIME. :

I attached the MSI Manual to this post. You can click on it to download it and check for yourself.

You will need to find a way to use the VGA Output of the motherboard by using a Active VGA-HMDI Adapter to be able to get two video outputs from your integrated Motherboard graphics.

0 Likes

Thank you for the answer.  Appears that I was barking up the wrong tree.

More proof that basic users like me know enough to be dangerous. 

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Hey, glad to to have cleared thing up a bit. Seems like the Motherboard's HDMI and DVI-D uses the same port. Thus you are only able to use either one but not both at the same time.

If you decide to use the VGA port on the motherboard, make sure you purchase an "ACTIVE" and not "PASSIVE" VGA-HDMI/DVI adapter.

The Active Adapter converts the VGA analog signal to a digital HDMI/DVI signal before reaching your monitor/TV.

Good luck

0 Likes

Thank you again for your help. 

One of the TV monitors has a VGA in port.  Going to borrow a VGA to VGA cable from my son to see if that works.  Haven't checked prices, everyone likes to charge for anything that is an adapter.  VGA to VGA may be cheaper.

Really appreciate the help.

Happy Holidays. 

0 Likes

Better yet having a VGA to VGA hookup rather than a VGA-HDMI/DVI hookup.

Make sure the VGA Cable is a high quality one and compatible with the VGA port output and Television. Sometime cheap VGA cables don't work very well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to you too unless you are jewish, then Happy Hanukkah!.  I don't consider myself Politically Correct.

0 Likes