cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sym30l1c
Journeyman III

Strange Temp Increase (2700x)

So, a few days ago I installed a 2700x in an ASUS Crosshair VII Hero. CPU temp in the BIOS was always around 32-33C (It's a completely new build). Today it's been around 40-42C the whole day (stuck at 42C now). Temperature in the house hasn't changed, and, besides, it's winter here. CPU is watercooled with a Corsair H150i and I have additional fans and good airflow.

I had it overclocked to 4200 MHz, and even then the temp was lower. Now it's back at stock frequency but still higher temp.

Any idea why that might be?

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

sym30l1c, use only Ryzen Master (RM) to measure CPU temperature.  All others are suspect.  Please post a screenshot of RM.  I assume you have a fresh copy of Windows installed after you built your system and you have DLed the chip set drivers from the AMD Driver DL site.  Here are your specifications:

2700X.jpg

Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks.

Unfortunately, I can't post screenshots as I've started disassembling the system.

I'm waiting for a replacement for the motherboard and the CPU from the retailer, because I've felt something was off in the performance and temperature after multiple tests. The problems originally started after I began using Ryzen Master actually.

0 Likes

Lucky you, sym30l1c.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes