cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

promanglementer
Journeyman III

How to shrink partition to remove StoreMI TierDrive?

AMD R7 360

Windows 10 64bit

Radeon Software 18.12.1

AOC E2460P 1920x1080 @60Hz HDMI

ASRock B450 Pro4 BIOS version 1.50

Ryzen 5 1500X

Corsair CX550M

8GB

I am trying to remove a bootable StoreMI TierDrive. When I select to remove it I get this message at first:

amd1.jpg

After I click Yes, this message appears:

amd2.jpg

I click Yes again, and it says that it will reboot after a few seconds.

amd3.jpg

I then get the following loading bar for a few minutes with no progress:

amd4.jpg

The following error message then appears:

amd5.jpg

The system does not reboot.

The StoreMI guide mentions shrinking the partition so that there is unallocated space at least 2GB larger than the fast drive. I am unable to shrink the partition any more than by around 100GB.

amd6.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
scratch1010
Adept I

Use the Minitool Partition Wizard software that Enmotus recommended in their AMD StoreMI User guide or FAQ. Just right click on the C: Drive and press the MOVE/RESIZE button. Move the slider towards the left to where the "unallocated space after" says to the total amount of storage of your ssd plus 2gb. Apply those settings on the top right hand corner. Restart now. You'll see a different screen when you boot up but that's okay. It's just the software doing its thing. Then, when it's done. You'll should be booting up windows 10 and see that there's unallocated space right next to the C: Drive. "Remove Fast Media" and then it should probably work now.

0 Likes

You can download the free version of the Mini tool software here ->https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

0 Likes