Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
A Blue Screen of Death, also called a STOP Error, will appear when an issue is so serious that Windows must stop completely. A Blue Screen of Death is usually hardware or driver related.
In your case the BSOD is caused due to "ndis.sys", which is mainly caused by the driver errors which is installed for your LAN CARD / NIC (Network card).
- What is the Make and Model of the computer?
- Prior to this issue did you make any changes to the computer?
- Press the “Windows Logo + R” key from the desktop to get the Run option.
- Type wuapp and click ok. Now you would see the Windows Updates screen.
- In the Windows Updates screen, click on “Check for updates” on the left pane.
- Wait until the computer checks for the latest important and optional updates.
- Under “Download and install updates for your computer” click for the available important updates and check and install all the important updates and do the same for optional updates.
- Once the windows updates are installed, restart the computer and check.
You may install Windows Updates in both UIs, classic and new. For information on how to download and install Updates in each UIs, please refer to the link below,
Note: If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 2.
NDIS is a legitimate system driver for your network interface controller. The issue can be resolved by downloading and installing the latest drivers for the NIC. Kindly go to the manufacturer’s website and download and install the latest drivers for NIC.
Hope the above information was helpful, kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance.
This 2018 website gives a more comprehensive tips on what causes the error you got and how to fix it: How to fix ndis.sys blue screen of death error in Windows 10 - BynaryCodes .
copied the reason and causes from above link:
How to fix ndis.sys blue screen of death error in Windows 10
NDIS short form for Network Driver Interface Specification is an application programming interface that is mostly used in the Windows operating system. The ndis.sys file is Microsoft Windows core software component. Microsoft Windows is an operating system. Network Driver Interface Specification is an application programming interface for windows. Ndis.sys is a file associated with the NDIS interface. Ndis.sys is network driver related system files. This issue is mainly caused by the driver error which is installed for your LAN CARD / NIC (Network card).When you open some Windows applications in the middle computer restarts and you will see one of these following errors on your computer screen. And learn How to fix ndis.sys blue screen of death error in Windows 10.
Recommended: Blue screen error Repair Tool
- “STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – ndis.sys“
- “STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED – ndis.sys“
- “STOP 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA – ndis.sys“
- “:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some info, and then we’ll restart for you. If you would like to know more, you can search online later for this error: ndis.sys.”
- “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: Ndis.sys.”
This issue occurs due to several reasons, some listed below.
- Faulty drivers – Windows update might download faulty drivers while it is updating. If this is the we can just roll back drivers or restore previous drivers.
- Incompatible applications – You may face these issues if installed applications are not compatible with Windows Operating system.
- Incomplete Windows update or Faulty Windows update – In case if Windows update has stopped or not completed for some reasons issues may occurs randomly
- Corrupted Antivirus – This is the major suspect, faulty anti – virus can create end number of issues in your computer. You should always make sure the anti-virus is up to date and working fine.
- Faulty Graphics drives and network drives – The graphics drivers and network drivers installed through Windows update may cause the issues. Always recommended to download and install graphics and network drivers from their manufacturer website.