0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2018 12:07 AM by pizmak70

HD7970 dead after updating drivers

pizmak70

Is this even possible that new version of drivers killed my GPU?

My PC:

• Desktop
      • Windows 10
      • MSI Z87- G43
      • Intel Core i5-4670K
      • 8GB RAM DDR3
      • Radeon Sapphire HD7970
      • Crosair CX 500 W ATX

When I've updated driver to Radeon Adrenalin 18.13 (I remember it was 18.13 but I had to uninstall driver due to check what is wrong) my PC was starting to behave strange immediately after. I was typing something on Google Docs and suddenly my screen turned into black and white stripes. It looked like a crash and I was not sure what actually happened. After rebooting my PC everything was fine... for a while, cause this error occured second time . I've reinstalled driver and I thought it will do the problem. But some time after I've launched Rainbow Six: Siege to check if there is still any problem. Game was running really smoothly until my monitor went black and my sound in headphones crashed. After that I could not reboot my PC. At the booting part there were red horizontal stripes, shaped in columns at the two parts of the screen . But when Windows loading screen changed, there were more columns of red stripes and then black screen. I was trying to reboot PC few times but it was all the same. I've tried to launch Windows in safe mode and it helped, the system launched. In safe mode I've uninstalled those drivers and after that I rebooted my PC. The system launched but with two columns of red stripes. Now when I want to install drivers, PC crashes. When I unplugged GPU and plugged my monitor to motherboard, everything works fine. Besides my GPU, it is not working anymore.

Could it be new drivers that killed my graphic card? I didn't do anything unusual. Everything was running correctly untill I've updated the drivers. I've even checked before I've started to play if my settings in RS:S was small enough to not harm anything (in game settings there is a meter of GPU usage, there wasnt even half of it).
      I cannot trust AMD drivers? I cannot trust Radeon GPU anymore? Very sad to me very very sad.

Please help, I am waiting for Your feedback .