black_zion

Why I love Ryzen (and liquid cooling)

Discussion created by black_zion on Nov 30, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 by ajlueke

I wish I had a video of my old Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor with my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and the gigantic Delta fan I used on it that sounded like a 737 at full tilt to use as a comparison (70dB is quite loud), but this is what I hear whenever my CPU is at 50 degrees or under. Now, my phone is literally leaning up against my computer case (Corsair C70) with two 120mm fans about 2 inches away, but this is what I hear, though a bit quieter since I sit about 2 feet from my tower. In the background you can hear my television, which is at 7% volume, and about 12 feet away. The flashing orange light is the onboard HDD activity light. As for liquid cooling, this is why I will always prefer it over air. It's whisper quiet! And CPU temp is 30*C. A CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo and a pair of fans may do the job, but a closed loop liquid cooler will also keep it quiet, and why I always recommend liquid over air. It may be twice as expensive, but as they say, silence is golden.

Well that, and the fact that Ryzen isn't a 28nm (or, in the case of the 6000+, 90nm) antique.

Attachments

Outcomes