AnsweredAssumed Answered

1920X and Hyper-V

Question asked by cmdr001 on Nov 24, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 by misterj

Hey everyone,

So I was looking for some help in trying to identify if this might be something Threadripper related, or something else.

Recently purchased a 1920X, X399-E Gaming from Asus, 64GB 2400MHz DDR4 and am using a RX570, several Samsung SSDs

After having reinstalled Windows once again, drivers fully updated, MoBo BIOS updated, I'm still having this strange behavior in Hyper-V.

After I boot up the machine, if I try to connect to a machine via the Hyper-V console this may take 1 or 2 seconds - Not a whole lot by itself, acceptable, though on my previous lab machine it felt like it was always 1 second at the very worst - But if I happen to browse some pages, play some games and come back, then it might take some 5-6 seconds to open the window. This has gone up at least to some 12-15 seconds, and sometimes it doesn't open the window at all, I actually have to try to connect once again.

Now, the machines themselves for what I can tell are running super snappy as I'd expect with this kind of processing power and allocated RAM, but my issue is that I can't understand what is going on in this setup that's causing this.

Don't think that the issue may be in the CPU itself, however, this is the first time I am using an AMD CPU and I'm not sure what I should've been expecting about using Hyper-V like so rather than RDPing into the machines, or if there are any particular features I should be enabling at BIOS level to assist on this -- Or if it may really not be at all related with the different CPU type.

If anyone could possibly offer some kind of advice or suggestion as to why I may be experiencing this, or how I may go around to further troubleshoot it, I'd be most appreciate.

Thank you and kind regards.

Outcomes