cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

wegmann
Journeyman III

Memtest86+ (in SMP mode) with Ryzen3 2200G is freezing

Memtest86+ with Ryzen3 2200G is freezing in SMP mode. Press F2 to enter the SMP mode in Memtest86+ when it starts. You can use an Ubuntu 18.04 install stick to start the memory test. I have two processors (one replaced by AMD) that behave the same. Has Memtest86+ a bug or can anybody confirm this freezing? I replaced the motherboard twice (!!!) the memory several times in many combinations (!!!) and also the PSU. And yes, I also tried an external graphic card. Memtest86+ stops at 20 or 21 percent always.

I would be happy if anybody can confirm this behavior.

Best regards,

Roger

1 Solution

Memtest86+ has not been updated in 5 years and does not support Ryzen, among other new processors. Use Memtest86, it's free now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Memtest86+ has not been updated in 5 years and does not support Ryzen, among other new processors. Use Memtest86, it's free now.

A very good point. I run now Memtest86 and until now it looks very good. The Ryzen 7 1700 didn't freeze that's why I thought it could be a CPU problem.

henrivdr
Journeyman III

I had have the same issue. Memtest86+ 5.01 hung on a Ryzen 3 3200G with 2x8GB GSkill RAM.

But after 3 tests my CPU is completely dead. BIOS POST led indicated missing CPU. 

Is it possible that it overheated?

0 Likes
henrivdr
Journeyman III

After resetting the CMOS completely the CPU came back to life. This seems to be a common thing. Using the newest memtest86, instead of very old one included in Ubuntu boot image, tested all my RAM without errors and without hanging up, nor killing the CPU.

0 Likes