AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX480 amd driver not installed or not functioning properly

Question asked by lastspark on Nov 21, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2018 by lastspark

Hi everyone,

So there is a bit of a story here, but I will include a TL:DR at the bottom. Now, I currently am sporting a Saphire RX480 8gb. I tried to update the drivers a few times over the months but each time the amd software would freeze up (for hours on end) and I would just kill it. Today I tried again except my screen went black at some point during the installation. With no other option, I restarted my computer.
Needless to say, my monitor no longer gets a signal from the computer, I have tried both of the card's HDMI ports, and do not have the means to test out the other ports. I used my integrated graphics (from cpu) to start messing around here is what I tried:

1: Use DDU to clean wipe any drivers and reinstall the proper ones, making sure to prevent windows 7 from reinstalling drivers automaticaly.

2. Used the auto detect tool to reinstall the drivers.

3. Restarted computer and got this message.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 several times out of desperation.

Now, I tried to update the drivers for a while now because the past few days my screen would flicker and a weird noise would be sent through my headphones (connected through an audio jack). This was only for the past few days.

My specs:

Windows 7

i7-2600

12gb RAM

TL:DR
Got a black screen during another failed driver update, restarted computer as it was inaccessible, no signal started coming from the card. Tried to resintall drivers cleanly, now I get the message mentioned up top, and still not signal from card.

Thanks in advance!
Spark

Outcomes