after updating to 18.9.3 driver, almost every window start up will either freeze or give me bsod. if able to log in window it will crash in less than 10 mins.
stopcode was 116,117
it is fine when in safe mode or when driver is disabled.
tried reinstalling by amd cleanup tool and ddu or roll back to previous 17.11 version but still the same.
tried window update.
some times the installation would fail to install amd setting.
no recent hardware change.
chkdsk and sfc found nothing.
toshiba 3t hhd
msi h110m motherboard
just installed window on a new hdd, and then amd driver, seems to run ok but when playing youtube video or games it gives me stopcode 116.
tried to remove the card and connect to motherboard and all is fine.
logs from event viewer:
- Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
- The Program Compatibility Assistant service failed to perform the phase two initialization.
- The ACP Kernel Service Driver service failed to start due to the following error:
- A device attached to the system is not functioning.
- The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8010b7c010, 0xfffff8800412f4b4, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: .
- Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.
all are error level.
found version 14.4 and it appears fine playing youtube in 4k and games prior to 2014.