cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stk30000
Journeyman III

inaccessible boot device after updating amd driver

So I was installing the 18.11.2 gpu drivers on a windows 10 computer with vega64

I opted for clean install of the drivers so it rebooted my computer - and now it bluescreens with Inaccessible Boot Device.

Tried for two days to get it working - with no avail.

Did a lot of google searching, nothing works for me.

So in CMD (the windows 10 recovery) I cannot see my C: Drive, ssd is locked (using store mi with a 1tb hd and 128gb nvme ssd, windows on the 1tb hard drive)

So I try to dir C: and does not find anything

chkdsk /f /r returns "windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected"

Drives appear properly in bios.

also diskpart list drivers shows me the drives but with 0 bytes free

so I select disk 0 (the 1tb ssd) and list partitions - i see Partition 1 with 0 bytes size.

list volume sais there are no volumes.

I cannot do system restore because it tells me to select the windows installation first. looks like my drives are locked...

back to cmd bootrec /scanos shows zero windows installations

bootrec /fixmbr sais the operation completed successfully....

bootrec /fixboot - element not found

tried sfc /scannow - Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation

....... can you help me please?

0 Likes
2 Replies
stk30000
Journeyman III

An important note: i am using storeMI - 1TB hard drive with all my files installed including windows, accelerated by a 128gb nvme..

0 Likes
fallzen
Journeyman III

I am having this same problem, so far the ONLY way I've fixed it is to go into the troubleshooting boot menu and do a "reset".  I'm currently waiting for the process to complete a second time...

I have a new Sapphire Radeon Vega 64, Ryzen 5, and a Team Group L5 ssd.

Edit: Happened while updating to 12.12.2, and then again now with 12.12.3.

0 Likes