cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

developed
Adept I

Monitor doesn't wake up from Sleep in Windows 10

I see (from all over the internet) that I'm not the only one with this problem . I've tried no less than 10 different different "fixes", to no avail. Here's the specifics to "my" issue (since many seem to have this issue after upgrading from older windows to Windows 10) - when I say "brand-new" parts are new (older models) but have never been installed and has been running for about 2 weeks now:

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series video card (been in my computer for some time) and had no problems with windows 10, then it just seemed to have a problem one day.

Gigabyte H270M-D3H Motherboard (brand-new)

Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.6 GHz (brand-new)

Samsung 850 PRO 2.5" 512GB SATA III SSD (brand-new)

32726 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (brand-new)

Windows 10 Pro

After I wake the computer (by keyboard or mouse) you can hear the computer and scanner start-up and the "On-Light" on my Monitor turns a yellowish-green, and it's a bright, almost lime-green when it's "On." I DO NOT need to Reset or Re-Start my computer - I just need to turn-off my monitor and turn it on again.

Before I "rebuilt" this computer, I was running Windows 7 and got a legitimate Windows 10 upgrade (when they were offering it free) that I installed on a DVD. So - this computer (hard drive) never had a different operating system installed on it.

One of the fixes I tried was going to AMD website and finding what appeared-to-be a relatively new (less than 1-month old) driver for my video card. About the only fix that I didn't try (because it's so difficult to properly install the video card on this motherboard) - is some said they removed and reinstalled their video card and it fixed the problem (sounds suspicious to me - but I'm getting desperate). I saw on a couple of Forums where "someone that sounded like they knew what they were saying" said it a Video Driver problem (and usually associated with a Windows 10 upgrade because they also said to Reformat and start with a Clean Install - which does not apply to me).

So I'm ALL ears! I want to apologize in advance if I tell you that I already tried your suggestion. I've spent nearly 8-hours straight trying to fix this problem.

Thanks! Alan

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was just able to swap monitors with my wife. Her computer has my old motherboard (it has 64gb of RAM!) that I just replaced with a new CPU and SSD, along with Windows 10 Pro - so, of course, my monitor worked on her computer (waking from Sleep). My monitor was a 2010 vintage, not as old as I thought. I'm thinking her monitor is a 2014 vintage and it works fine on my computer - including Waking from Sleep!

So - here's my deduction: I have NO IDEA what the problem with that monitor was on my computer. It works fine on hers and it has a new SSD and Windows 10 install and an "older" Graphics Card.

Alan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

I guess you don't want to "disable"  Sleep/Hybrid Sleep in Power Options in Windows Setting or  Control Panel.

I believe problems with Sleep mainly deals with Windows. Do you have the last stable version installed - 1803?

Have you installed the latest BIOS and CHIPSET for your motherboard: GA-H270M-D3H (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.

BIOS(+5)

Chipset

Chipset

Intel INF installation
(Note) Win10 ver.1709 \ver.1803 supported.

[10.1.17695.8086]

4.71 MB

2018/07/05

Intel Management Engine Interface
(Note) Win10 ver.1709 \ver.1803 supported.

[11.8.50.3470]

53.29 MB

2018/06/06

Intel Management Engine Interface
(Note) Please update the latest BIOS for ME Firmware before installing this driver.
Update Intel ME for security vulnerabilities

[11.7.0.1054]

72.37 MB

2017/11/30

Intel INF installation

[10.1.1.45]

3.63 MB

2017/11/13

0 Likes

See if by posting your Sleep issues at TEN Forums might help. : Windows 10 Help Forums  That is if you already haven't done that route yet.

0 Likes

I tried the Windows 10 Forum (many different posts), as well as several other Forums. It may have been one of the replies in the Windows 10 Forum that led me to believe it could be a graphics card/Windows 10-issue. That's what led me to this Forum ;-)

0 Likes

Thanks elstaci. I have the latest version if Windows 10 installed - in fact, I think (because it upgrades in the background) the problem started after the latest Windows update. I've had the motherboard, CPU and Ram for over a year, just didn't have time to install it. Thanks for the link; but here's what my BIOS shows:

Model: H270M-D3H

Version: F1

Date: 12/05/16

Version F1 was not on the list of updated BIOS that you sent me. Since my monitor light is dimly coming on after sleep, maybe my monitor doesn't like Windows 10 (or at least the newest version). It's an I-Inc, 28" that's at least 10 years old - was quite a good monitor back when I bought it.

Alan

0 Likes

Unless there is either a newer version of your motherboard or the model of the motherboard is not accurate.

I agree, BIOS Version F1 is not listed. the earliest BIOS listed is F3.  Most likely F1 version was the original BIOS for your motherboard and probably Gigabyte updated the motherboard and BIOS later on since the earliest is from 2017.

You can always contact Gigabyte Support and see if you can update to the latest F8d BIOS version for your motherboard.

Have you tried a different Monitor. It is possible your old monitor may be having problems.  Connect another monitor, if you have one, and see if the same problem occurs. If it doesn't it probably indicates the problem is with your old monitor.

0 Likes

I was just able to swap monitors with my wife. Her computer has my old motherboard (it has 64gb of RAM!) that I just replaced with a new CPU and SSD, along with Windows 10 Pro - so, of course, my monitor worked on her computer (waking from Sleep). My monitor was a 2010 vintage, not as old as I thought. I'm thinking her monitor is a 2014 vintage and it works fine on my computer - including Waking from Sleep!

So - here's my deduction: I have NO IDEA what the problem with that monitor was on my computer. It works fine on hers and it has a new SSD and Windows 10 install and an "older" Graphics Card.

Alan

0 Likes

LoL,  Hey I have the same deduction

I am in agreement. Probably some hardware or driver on your computer didn't agree with your original monitor for some reason.

Anyways, glad you were able to find a somewhat solution to your problem. Might as well mark you last comment of switching monitors as "Correct" so other Users will know the fix for your problem.

bikelike
Journeyman III

Well, I had the same issue, on two different computers. What made the difference is a bios setting: setting the graphic card boot from PCI to PCIE. I found the solution here, 4th post.

The strange thing is that from a fresh Windows 10 install, it only showed up after a day...

0 Likes