AnsweredAssumed Answered

Monitor doesn't wake up from Sleep in Windows 10

Question asked by developed on Nov 12, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2018 by bikelike

I see (from all over the internet) that I'm not the only one with this problem . I've tried no less than 10 different different "fixes", to no avail. Here's the specifics to "my" issue (since many seem to have this issue after upgrading from older windows to Windows 10) - when I say "brand-new" parts are new (older models) but have never been installed and has been running for about 2 weeks now:

AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series video card (been in my computer for some time) and had no problems with windows 10, then it just seemed to have a problem one day.

Gigabyte H270M-D3H Motherboard (brand-new)

Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.6 GHz (brand-new)

Samsung 850 PRO 2.5" 512GB SATA III SSD (brand-new)

32726 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory (brand-new)

Windows 10 Pro

After I wake the computer (by keyboard or mouse) you can hear the computer and scanner start-up and the "On-Light" on my Monitor turns a yellowish-green, and it's a bright, almost lime-green when it's "On." I DO NOT need to Reset or Re-Start my computer - I just need to turn-off my monitor and turn it on again.

Before I "rebuilt" this computer, I was running Windows 7 and got a legitimate Windows 10 upgrade (when they were offering it free) that I installed on a DVD. So - this computer (hard drive) never had a different operating system installed on it.

One of the fixes I tried was going to AMD website and finding what appeared-to-be a relatively new (less than 1-month old) driver for my video card. About the only fix that I didn't try (because it's so difficult to properly install the video card on this motherboard) - is some said they removed and reinstalled their video card and it fixed the problem (sounds suspicious to me - but I'm getting desperate). I saw on a couple of Forums where "someone that sounded like they knew what they were saying" said it a Video Driver problem (and usually associated with a Windows 10 upgrade because they also said to Reformat and start with a Clean Install - which does not apply to me).

So I'm ALL ears! I want to apologize in advance if I tell you that I already tried your suggestion. I've spent nearly 8-hours straight trying to fix this problem.

Thanks! Alan

Outcomes