AnsweredAssumed Answered

I would like to test a GPU vram based painting program called 'Verve Painter', to see what are the max canvas resolution with AMD Vega GPU

Question asked by eduardobedoya on Nov 6, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 11, 2018 by eduardobedoya

Hi all AMD user

I was wondering if a kind AMD Vega user (or perhaps the good AMD team) could do a test of a GPU based program called 'Verve Painter'

it is a FREE digital painting program that is based on GPU vram to run its fluids simulation, the bigger the vram the bigger the canvas resolution in which it can paint.

I was wondering what could be the maximum canvas resolution using the new AMD Vega architecture,

hope some good AMD fellow could do me the favor, many thanks advanced.

Taronites • View topic - Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

This is the painting app forum, there are some NVIDIA tests there, but there isn't any AMD Vega test, so I thought to ask here, many thanks again.

PD: the program is very little and can be downloaded on that website too. Taronites • View topic - DOWNLOAD VERVE (v0.99w.05)

to do the test:

press hotkey "F" to change the Fluids dial, set it to 50% or 100%,

press hotkey "]" to increase the Brush Size,

start to paint, changing the colors as you like trying to cover all the canvas,

press hotkey "Shift F2" to Crop/Expand the canvas, then Expand the canvas a bit and save it as *.vrv file, close the program and reopen what you saved.

The test is about seeing what is the maximum canvas size in which you can save a *.vrv file and reopen it without problems.

please do the test with some fluids paint on the canvas, and perform the test first with a single layer, then with two layers, and so on.

If you can do a Vram test during the program run, it would be very appreciated. I think it has a some sort of limitations, cuz in the Verve forum it is said that a NVIDIA 1080ti has the same res limit than a NVIDIA 1080, though the 1080ti can handle more layers. Please check this link (the post made by Trufo)

Taronites • View topic - Everyone, what Graphics Card are you using?

Many thanks Advanced.

Outcomes