I'm going to try to be very through in explaining this because it's been a long week for me. I bought a R7 370 off of a friend to upgrade from my HD 7850. I installed the updated drivers (I always kept my HD 7850 installed with 17.2.1 because it was the only build I got stable Overwatch) and card and it didn't work, wouldn't even go to the BIOS. I figured that the card got damaged in transport. So I reinstalled my HD 7850 and it worked fine, until I logged into Overwatch and played a match. It crashed, like I was used to before going back to 17.2.1. So I tried to uninstall the drivers and it crashed again. This time, it didn't come back. It would just show a black screen after launch.
So I went into Safe Mode and used DDU to uninstall the drivers. When I tried to reinstall 17.2.1, the screen flickered like normal when installing video drivers, but it never came back after a couple flickers. I've gone through this over a dozen times, trying new things every time.
I have tried -
- 4 different drivers, 16.11.5, 17.2.1, 18.9.3, and 18.10.2
- Installing the drivers with the monitor plugged into HDMI, DVI, and Mini DisplayPort (DVI and Mini DisplayPort using adapters)
- Unpacked the drivers and tried to install them separately from the rest using Device Manager, both in regular and safe mode.
- Replacing the power supply
- Tried two different monitors.
- Let the install sit for 8 hours to see if it was a very long stutter (I was getting desperate)
- Reinstalled Windows 10
Still nothing. In Safe Mode, it says the drivers are installed and it is recognized by Windows, but the actual AMD Adrenalin or Crimson won't install. Can I install Adrenalin or Crimson without the drivers? Or is there something else I'm missing? I'm thinking about getting a new card and I don't think I can get a Radeon because of this.
My computer stats are -
CPU - AMD Ryzen 1800x
MOBO - ASUS Prime B350 Plus
GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7850 Ghost
RAM - 8GB G.Skill Aegis 2400
PSU - eVGA 750W
OS - Windows 10 64-Bit