cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gr8sho
Adept I

Fallout 76 Crossfire support

Hello.  Can't get Fallout 76 to activate Crossfire, but would very much like to.  Tried all options including cloning Fallout 4 profile.  Attempts made using 18.10.2

amdmatt​  Any suggestions, please?

6 Replies

Just a tad more information would be helpful > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

kingfish

Not sure what constitutes a tad given the rather long template, but I'll add as much as I can.  However, given the high profile (pardon pun) nature of Fallout 76, it should be a Yes or No type answer for the situation regarding Crossfire support.  I also want to point out that with crossfire enabled for Fallout 4, the game is almost unplayable with stuttering, so I don't actually hold out too much hope on this one.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • HD 7970 x2
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit Pro
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition 18.10.2
  • Display Devices
    • Asus VS248
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte motherboard GA-970A-DS3P, latest BIOS
  • CPU/APU
    • FX 8350
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Seasonic 750W Gold
  • RAM
    • 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Cannot activate Crossfire-X in Fallout 76.
  • Version 1 of Fallout 76
  • Running game in 1080p resolution

0 Likes

So your playing the pre-order BETA.

Is the game going to have crossfire/sli support on official release/or at all, ask the Devs ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

goodplay

That's right.  The beta usage seems to be every other day.  I crossposted over to Bethesda but no good responses given there.  I only recently setup crossfire again in a gaming rig, two 7970s to be specific which would have been handy for that particular game as the recommended requirements are for 4GB of VRAM.

If it's up to the game developers, I haven't seen anything stated about intent to support.  I was hoping based on past experience it was something that was handled on the vendor side, AMD or Nvidia. 

0 Likes
gr8sho
Adept I

Well, this is obviously going nowhere.  Done with Crossfire... 

0 Likes

I'm running FX8350 on MSI 970 SLI Krait Edition with 2 Asus Expedition RX570-4G-OC @ 1326Mhz and the game is basically unplayable. No micro stutter that I could see but the texture flickering is worse than CSGO.

0 Likes