cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blackrabies
Adept I

GSmartSwitch fails to work with AMD Radeon

I've had this problem before after having this system removed completely from my PC. Got Destiny 2 for free from Blizzard decided to play that to somewhat stress test the PC.

It crashed after 20min

help.bungie.net

error code: broccoli

"BROCCOLI errors indicate there has been an issue detecting the player's GPU and are commonly caused by a driver crash.

To attempt to mitigate this error, players should always ensure that their Operating System and Graphic Drivers are up-to-date with the latest version."

decided to reinstall AMD Radeon up to date and AGAIN something about having this program on my PC makes my GSmartSwitch no longer work. Can no longer use the main window key on the bottom right corner so i have to find weird alternate ways through the files through the control panel via right clicking the screen ---> personalize ----> control panel.

edit: meant to Ctrl+C to copy and save to post later. must've fat fingered something to save and post instead. going through other PC updates still.

If i can't find a fix for this I'll just have AMD removed and keep it off. Been fine w/o it for the last year. The most demanding game on my PC is StarCraft 2 when there's too many units in game then frame rate just tanks until they're removed. Other than that it's Heroes of the Storm, runs with no issues and everything else has simple graphics.

Message was edited by: J B

0 Likes
1 Solution

Wasn't most of the specs in the system settings.txt?

Anyway might not need it anymore. I uninstalled it, and it was still happening. I did some looking around online and found something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GSmartSwitch stopped working... - Microsoft Community

Go through your profile's start menu (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\) and the global start menu (%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\) and look for shortcuts that point to programs that are no longer installed).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i found something that i didn't recognized, tested it, failed, deleted the shortcut and now it's working again......... *insert face-palm emote*

I'll just leave this here if it helps anyone else. Now i gotta reinstall AMD and go through this again to have AMD and a working switch....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Is this gigabyte Gsmart for win 8.1.

Perhaps supply INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​. for someone to offer further assistance.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Wasn't most of the specs in the system settings.txt?

Anyway might not need it anymore. I uninstalled it, and it was still happening. I did some looking around online and found something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GSmartSwitch stopped working... - Microsoft Community

Go through your profile's start menu (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\) and the global start menu (%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\) and look for shortcuts that point to programs that are no longer installed).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i found something that i didn't recognized, tested it, failed, deleted the shortcut and now it's working again......... *insert face-palm emote*

I'll just leave this here if it helps anyone else. Now i gotta reinstall AMD and go through this again to have AMD and a working switch....

0 Likes