cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kroksoi
Journeyman III

Hallo AMD community. Which are the correct pair of DDR4 sodimm compatible for Ryzen 5 1600 on a laptop?.

Hallo AMD community. I am kroksoi at your service.

I have problems finding the right DDR4 sodimm memory for Ryzen 5 1600 on a laptop. I have recently acquired from Asus a laptop model GL702ZC with Ryzen 5 1600 and 8 gb RAM. I have been looking to upgrade its RAM to 32 gb, but is quite difficult to find a compatible pair of 16 gb DDR4 for this laptop; would you know if is there a known memory RAM model, brand, type or kind compatible with this laptop?. This has been very confusing because all information and guides and application charts I have found are in reference to Ryzen 5 for desktop motherboards and not for laptop.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

I stay at your service.

Attentively, kroksoi.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Best place to ask is Asus Support.

Go to your Laptop Support page : ROG Strix GL702ZC FAQ | Laptops | ASUS USA  at the bottom you can have a "Live CHAT" with a Asus Tech or Customer Support that can advise you the correct RAM your laptop needs and how much Asus will charge if they sell it.

Here are a couple of website that sells RAM Memory compatible with your Asus Laptop:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/ASUS/rog-strix-gl702zc

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM

CT11117354

• DDR4 PC4-19200 • CL=17 • Dual Ranked • x8 based • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR4-2400 • 1.2V • 2048Meg x 64 •
  • upgrade for ASUS ROG Strix GL702ZC system.

https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/memory-ram-upgrades/asus/laptop/gl702zc-rog-strix

Memory Search  (From Kingston Memory Website):

Hallo elstaci.

Thank you very much for your time and help. I will try Asus live chat next time, by e-mail was impossible to reach them, that is why I came here.

I think you have provided very valuable information and I am grateful. I am going to choose one option to upgrade my laptop.

Thank you again elstaci and I stay at your service.

Attentively, kroksoi.

0 Likes