5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 11:03 PM by kingfish

Driver for AMD Radeon HD 8400 /R3 Series?

liz81

I'm getting a BSOD with an error saying "Thread Stuck In Driver" or something like that.  So I figured it was time to update my display driver!  I looked at the download page and I see I don't find the driver I have so I guess AMD doesn't offer what I have now.  It's a Catalyst Control Center, which I know is pretty old!  When I was linked to a page to download a new driver some time ago, I was led to go to a "Legacy" page so I figured if I'm going to update my driver, I need to select "Legacy."  So I'm looking around, trying to find the right product for me and I don't see any 8400 /R3 Series around!  I'm not finding anything from Catalyst or Crimson so maybe it's time to start something completely new?  It's been a while since I updated my driver  and the download page is different than the last time I was here!  So now I gotta figure out which one I need but I'm not sure because it's not 8400, whenever I'm looking at the download page.  There's no 8400 that I can see.  I was hoping someone could help point me or link me to the right driver?  I also tried the autodetect and it said Adrenalin 18.10.2 but I've read in the past that I shouldn't be using autodetect and I don't know why.  Should I be using autodetect or can someone link me to the right driver?

Thanks!