cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

powernap
Adept I

Wattman resets memory power\board power RX 580

Hi, I have a "silent"-setup with a Sapphire RX 580 4gb Nitro underclocked to 1185MHz\1750MHz dram which I want to run all the time due to it`s proximity to the childrens rooms and not wanting to wake them up at night. I have found a stable setup with undervolt of 870mv on p-states and dram\board power. It`s 100% stable and pc never crashes, but sometimes after restarts dram\board power mv is reset to default 950. No other settings are reset\p-states are all at 870mv. Power consumption rises with around 20% and my setup is not so silent anymore unless I allow high GPU-temps (80C-ish) which I don`t like. Is there any way to force this to stick in *.ini.files etc? I have tried several drivers and used DDU to uninstall, happends very often.

0 Likes
4 Replies

I don't know of any way to to reset it other than to restore a saved profile in wattman. Any hickup in the system or installation of a new driver will return the settings to default. This behavior is normally desired as the system has no way of know that your settings were not the problem. Not saying they were just that the way it works it just resets to default and that's the logic behind why they do it like that. So the question is what's causing the default settings not how to return your settings. I would look at your event viewer for logs to see what kind of problems may be happening.

0 Likes

This happends random without any hickups og new driver-installs only on reboots with no errors whatsoever. The pc has not crashed etc. Whenever a real crash happends the wattman-values are reset and I get a notification. Every value is then reset. What I`m talking about is that the settings are not reset, only the voltagevalue below memory-speed is reset to 950mv, nothing else happends.

0 Likes

I would do 2 things. First disable fast startup in WIndows 10. It has a habit of loading old cached driver information. IMHO the minute benifit of this feature is way offset by the bad things it introduces.

Next run DDU from wagnardsoft_com from safe mode, see their instructions. Then reinstall the AMD driver while disconnected from the internet, this keeps Windows update from interfering with the driver install and settings, which is another current issue.

See if that helps. If it does not then I would see the contact page of the AMD site and open a support ticket. The link is at the bottom of the page.

powernap
Adept I

Thx for help. Disabled fast startup and mow setting has been stable for over a week. I always used DDU in safe mode and that didnt help. Now running 1185 and 870mv stable. Performance is down 10% from 1411MHz, but powerconsumption in unigine heaven is down from 158 to 80W gpu is really silent now