Are you sure that the R7 240 supports VCE?
The relevant information listed in the wiki is as follows:
As of April 2014, there are two versions of VCE. Version 1.0 supports H.264 YUV420 (I & P frames), H.264 SVC Temporal Encode VCE, and Display Encode Mode (DEM).
It can be found on
- Trinity APUs (Ax-5xxx, e.g. A10-5800K)
- Richland APUs (Ax-6xxx, e.g. A10-6800K)
- GPUs of the Southern Islands generation (GCN1: CAYMAN, ARUBA (Trinity/Richland), CAPE VERDE, PITCAIRN, TAHITI). These are
- Radeon HD 7700 series (except HD 7790 with VCE 2.0)
- Radeon HD 7800 series
- Radeon HD 7900 series
- Radeon HD 8570 to 8990 (except HD 8770 with VCE 2.0)
- Radeon R7 250E, 250X, 265 / R9 270, 270X, 280, 280X
- Radeon R7 360, 370, 455 / R9 370, 370X
- Mobile Radeon HD 77x0M to HD 7970M
- Mobile Radeon HD 8000-Series
- Mobile Radeon Rx M2xx Series (except R9 M280X with VCE 2.0 and R9 M295X with VCE 3.0)
- Mobile Radeon R5 M330 to R9 M390
- FirePro cards with 1st Generation GCN (GCN1)
You didn't read correctly, I asked why the r7 240 DOES NOT contain VCE!
I guess nobody here knows the answer, anyway...