2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2018 7:33 PM by billy72

Slow shutdown.

sparkie26

Help. I have just built a new computer. Amd ryzen 7 2700x. Asus prime x470 pro motherboard. 16gb ddr4 3200. Crucial m2 500gb ssd. Radon rx580. Installed windows 10. My shut down takes about 5 mins to complete. Boot up is 25 to 30 seconds. Any ideas?

• Re: Slow shutdown.
          goodplay

Could be any number of possible causes, starting from many Apps set to start on boot, then needing to be closed by windows on shutdown.

I suggest you post a query on http://www.tenforums.com/ , they can help with the other possible causes from the OS.

• Re: Slow shutdown.
            billy72

Hi sparkie26

My advices:

1 - Check your BIOS version and confirm that's latest 4024.

2 - Right click on Windows icon and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin) and type the command bellow: powercfg.exe -h off and press enter. This will disable Windows Fast Boot (depending on each system this can be a stability problem) and Hibernation, after this you will recover the disk space corresponding to your RAM memory.

3 - Don't close Windows PowerShell and type the command bellow:  DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press enter. This will download from Windows Update the necessary files to repair the Windows File System. When that process has finished type the command bellow: sfc /SCANNOW and press enter. This will repair the Windows File System.

4 - I think that your Crucial M.2 SSD isn't listed in the QVL Devices for the ASUS Prime X470-Pro, It should not be a problem, but you should keep it in mind. Go to the Crucial website support and download the SSD Manager tool called Crucial Storage Executive and check the firmware version, confirm it is the latest.

If all this has not helped you at all means then goodplay has provided you with the best possible advice.

Regards