cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

t65
Journeyman III

Monitor signal toggles during / after driver installation in a VM.

Hello AMD / Community,

I'm using Unraid on my workstation hardware and passthrough the gpu to different vm's. I recently bought a new graphics card "PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB HBM2-NANO Edition" to increase gpu performance. I created a new Windows 10 VM and tried to install the latest AMD Adrenalin driver 18.10.1.

Should:

During the installation of the graphics card driver, the monitor signal is briefly interrupted, then the monitor signal should come back, the graphics card driver should be installed and the correct resolution of the monitor should be set automatically.

Is:

During the installation of the graphics card driver, the monitor signal is briefly interrupted, then the monitor signal comes back (no video output) - and toggles between these two states (signal, no signal - no video output) until I restart the host computer.

With the "old" graphics card "SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Nano 4G HBM" this behavior did not exist, the driver could be installed without any problems and limitations. So I'm assuming a driver problem, which is related to VM's or virtualization. Is this problem known or has anyone already gained experience with it and even been able to find a solution?

Thank you and best regards.

0 Likes
0 Replies