6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2018 9:38 AM by amdmatt

Assassin's creed Odyssey - crash when diving underwater and other radom crash

furor

Hello,

I just change my graphic card radeon 7950 vapor X to a saphire RX 570 ITX - PULSE RADEON  but so far it seems to be a mistake as I got random game crash, it can be 5min or an hour. I tried borderless and fullscreen, I tried with the driver 18.9.1 and 18.10.1 but no luck but it is even worse when I try to dive as the game is directly crashing or I'm back to the desktop while I still hear the sound of the game but I can't go back.

I wanted to check the GPU settings so I opened the general parameter from Radeon settings on my second screen and when the game is crashing I saw the Radeaon settings is also crashing and restarting. It is a bit weird as it seems I can dive a bit underwatter as long as I'm looking at the horizon (no more than 2 or 3meter) but once I move the camera to look at the bottom, it is crashing the game and Radeon settings.

I never got any issue with my 7950 except fps getting a low in some city.

Windows 7 x64

Driver 18.10.1

Display viewsonic VX2703 and samsung syncmaster 22'

asus p6t deluxe v2

i7 920

16GB

power supply 1000w

I saw I wasn't the only one with this issue and the same graphic card  https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1942549-Game-Crash-While-Swimming-Underwater?p=13743207#post13743207  and I also play on high resolution. I tried to change it to medium/low but AMD setting is still crashing with the game when I dive.

Thanks.