cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

freedark
Journeyman III

System Performance deteriorated after installing newest Radeon Drivers

I'm running a ThreadRipper 1950X, a Corsair H115i cooling unit and a ROG Zenith Extreme MOBO (I regret this choice) with two Radeon RX580's and my build has been working fine.  

I went to install and play Black Ops 3 on my PC the other day which required me to update to latest Radeon Drivers.  After update my system performance has deteriorated, my temperature is regularly 10-20 degrees higher idle than it was before the driver install, and I'm getting a lot of stuttering/freezes.  I've tried installing latest chipset drivers, pulling out one of the video cards.  I've had a few times where I didn't get stuttering but it starts back up again shortly after.  I'm at a bit of a loss with what to do here.

To give a clear example of one of the differences, the day before I was playing Diablo 3 at high end grifts with graphics turned to max with no stuttering or problems.  After Radeon drivers installed I see stuttering just sitting in town of Diablo.  Nothing about my build has changed aside from removing a card to try to see if one of my cards had gone up in smoke.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
0 Replies