cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dazza1248
Journeyman III

Crossfire; Thermals for first card is engaging fans for second card and vice versa.

Hi Community,

I haven't posted questions to forums before as I normally find a forum that exists and answers my question but none have answered this one.

I have 2 Asus Strix Vega 64 GPU's with Ryzen 7 2700 processor, 16GB of RAM, on Asus Prime B450 Plus motherboard, (I'm waiting for my MSI x470 Gaming motherboard to arrive). With this setup the thermals of the Master gpu is engaging the fan's on the second gpu and the other way around as well. Meaning that the first card hits 85 degrees and crashes the game (the other card only hits 50 - 60 degrees). If I set the fans to manual and have them constantly at 75% then the first card is 70 - 75 degrees and second is 60 - 70. I've tried intel processor + motherboard and same scenario. I don't want to wear out the bearings on the fans quickly by having them constantly running at 75% or higher.

The tools I've tried using are Wattman, Asus GPU tweak 2 and MSI Afterburner. (not all at once, one at a time) All of these programs do what I just mentioned above. Is anyone else having this issue? and How can I solve it if you have solved it?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Did you get this to work or any support to help fix it not noted here?
Have you tried crossfiring RX Vega 64 with 56 GPU?
Thanks.

0 Likes