6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2018 2:15 PM by kingfish

Latest driver for Ati hd 6400m that ACTUALLY WORKS

abukhalil

Before you read, please don't answer the question with "install latest driver, try uninstalling and reinstalling driver, install intel drivers, switchable gpu, etc...." Or with any answer that revolves around the newest catalyst driver 15.7.1 because it has been proven already that it doesn't work. Please, answer the question the way i want. Thanks.

So a lot of people have been facing the problem of installing the catalyst 15.7.1 driver for the ati hd 6400m series cards, where their computer then detects the card as hd 7400m instead and causing it not to work. Im aware that 7400m is a rebrand of 6400m, but it doesn't matter, the card doesn't work so who cares ?

I searched the internet for multiple solutions and it came down to this: search different websites for older drivers since there is no archive for them on amd website. So i started out with version 8.8 , which is what the laptop came with (my laptop is hp pavilion g6 1040se with windows 7 x64) then i found version 9 (be aware im just searching through random websites), then i found 10, then 11, then 12, and finally i stopped at 13.1 (or 13.11 i can't remember correctly). I couldn't go any further as i couldn't find anything newer.

So my question is: is there a reliable website or archive for older drivers so that i can try out different drivers and see which one works the best for me ? I have had this problem for ages and i want to fix it once and for all.

Thanks