45 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2018 5:44 AM by billy72

Enabling SMT leads to a BSOD error

matko

Please help !

When SMT is enabled, critical errors appear, leading to a"blue screen". When SMT is disabled everything works fine.

I will be very glad of your help !

• Re: SMT
          matko

configuration:

Ryzen 5 2600

ASUS b450 TUF PLUS GAMING (BIOS 0409)

RX 580 (8GB)

Windows 10 Home x64

matko

I have Ryzen Master, but I don't know how to use it .

matko

Ram 16 Gb (2 modules) 2400 MHz

Seasonic m12 520W

Driver Radeon 18.9.2

PC.

misterj

matko, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  What SW is running when your system crashes?  Is it always the same?  Please open C:/Windows/Minidump/.  If it is not empty, please compress it and post it here.  There are some programs not multi-thread safe.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

matko

Снимок.PNG

a minidump was empty, but the last time there is such here an error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system with SMT may not start at all, or work for a relatively long time.

If you really need a minidump, I can try to enable SMT and wait for an error.

matko

IСнимок4.PNGI turned on the SMT, and waited here is the error that occurredСнимок.PNGСнимок1.PNGСнимок2.PNGСнимок3.PNG

billy72

Hi matko

The most recommended power plan for Ryzen through Windows 10 is <High Performance>, is that how you have it configured?

matko

Снимок.PNGHigh performance or Balanced mode for AMD Ryzen ?

misterj

Thanks, matko.  Please attach the compressed minidump folder.  The file you pointed to, ntoskrnl.exe, is a Windows kernel file and shows up in almost all dumps.  I doubt it is the error.  I cannot read your language, so the Power Plan screenshot does not tell me much,  The power plan you should be running is Ryzen Balanced.  It comes along with the Chip Set  drivers.  You should make sure you have installed the latest AMD Chip Set drivers DLed ONLY from the AMD Driver DL site.  If you continue to get errors with the latest drivers, then I suggest you contact AMD Online Support.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

matko

I already downloaded driver chipset Драйверы и поддержка AMD для Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, гибридных процессоров, процессоров, Ryzen, настольных ПК, ноут… , can give another perhaps an important information . The fact is that when I do not use SMT for a long time , and then turn it on , the computer works for an hour, two, and then the error, and the longer I use SMT enabled the more errors.

billy72

Before I proposed to switch to the <High Performance> mode because Windows 10 and some motherboards do not manage quite well the energy in Ryzen, is a problem that occurs frequently, <High performance> ensures that the OS provides the power limit to the CPU . Many problems of BSODs and freezes are caused by a faulty management of the power between motherboard and OS.

My ASUS X370-Pro reacts strangely when I made many changes in BIOS in a short time, I must clear CMOS to stabilize the system again, let me recommend that you do as indicated in the user manual of your motherboard by removing the CMOS battery and waiting at least 10 minutes or more to empty the CMOS memory, after this your BIOS will return to default in all its values, it is a good starting point to locate the problem.

If after this and start Windows with all the default values in BIOS again happens I recommend you contact with ASUS technical support.

Regards

misterj

Thanks, matko.  I strongly recommend you talk with AMD Support.  Please keep us informed.  Enjoy, John.

matko

Okay, I'll keep you posted.

matko

Mostly irql_not_less_or_equal error

matko

My Ram Crusial Ballistix Sport BLS8G4D240FSBK

matko

Checked the memory, all is well

matko

I downloaded the driver on a chipset , then what ?

matko

Снимок.PNG

matko

Снимок.PNG

matko

Sorry , but your language I know little , and not mean to be rude if I asked you to write more clearly and in details ?

billy72

don't worry matko

These are the steps to follow to verify that Windows will install and uninstall the AMD drivers correctly, it is necessary to check the integrity of the Windows File System with DISM and SFC tools as elstaci mentioned before:

first off all right click on Windows icon on the desktop taskbar, go to <Windows PowerShell> (Administrator) and click again, Write the command exactly as you see in the following image

WPShell_DISM.PNG

and press <Enter>

After this step, post a screenshot with the result when finishing the DISM process

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                                            matko

Снимок.PNGExplain the picture . 100% Recovery successful

billy72

ok

it seems that the result is positive, to be sure please translate into English the penultimate line

billy72

ok

repeat the same process with the command that you can see in the following image

WPShell_SFC.PNG

matko

Снимок.PNG

Windows resource protection found no integrity violations.

billy72

ok

Reboot

and now you can run the installer of the chipset drivers that you have downloaded from the ASUS support website clicking in the AMD Radeon icon marked in blue how you can see in the screenshot bellow

Chipset.PNG

first will appear a window with 'Terms & Condition' how you can see in the screenshot bellow

Chipset_1.PNG

and click on 'Accept and Install'

after this step the installer will begin to search for installed drivers how you can see in the screenshot bellow

Chipset_2.PNG

after this step will appear a computer icon on you can read  17.12 Local Driver how you can see in screenshot bellow

Chipset_3.PNG

and click on it

after this step the driver installer will offer you 2 options as you can see in the screenshot bellow

Chipset_4.PNG

and click on <Custom Install>

after this step will appear several sections of drivers and 2 installation options as you can see in the following screenshot

Chipset_5.PNG

and click on <Clean Install>

now the installer will begin to remove all the AMD drivers including Chipset and Graphics, reboot when the installer offers it to you and after restarting and login the installer will continue the installation process automatically without you having to do anything

share the results

matko

The result-no. I can mail a video of the problem, maybe it will give more information .

billy72

The proposal of misterj can help you solve the problem of conflict with other drivers but if the problem comes from the motherboard or some hardware component you will go back to the maze.

My advice: ASUS Technical Support

If ASUS gives you the solution please share it here, it will be more information for the Community

I wish you to find a solution to your doubts and good luck!

matko

Снимок.PNGCan you clear the driver information with this utility ?

matko

Can you describe these actions in more detail or clearly?

misterj

matko, here is my recommendation: If you are concerned about drivers etc, then format your C: disk and install a nice fresh copy of W10.  The Media Creation Tool is still providing 1803.  Please DL the tool and make a USB stick.  Be sure to format your C: disk during the W10 install, then install ONLY the AMD Driver Site drivers.  Driver cleaners/removers make me nervous.  Enjoy, John.

matko

Guys, in General, when the computer stopped turning on , I took it to the service center, where we replaced the processor and everything works well . However I still do not know what the reason was ,but the important thing is that all ended well ! Thank you for your help!

matko

I can Supplement the information . I'll start with the fact that with SMT my computer can work, but not for long ,as I said an hour or two. But it happens only in the afternoon or in the morning . That is in the evening or at night with the included SMT he even is not able to include system , and in the afternoon he somehow started it.

matko

А может ли , причиной являться то что материнская плата использует авто-значения для напряжений?

matko

Maybe the reason be the fact that the motherboard uses auto values for voltages?

matko

And I noticed the lack of Windows Update in the Registry (regedit) .And I have all the time climbs window reporting that "failed to install the component (speech Recognition for English)"Снимок.PNG

misterj

matko, I have run 3 Ryzen processors with un-activated W10 and no problem with SMT.  I think you need to talk to AMD Online Support.  Enjoy, John.

matko

Today , it has ceased to be included , even there is no possibility to enter BIOS and black screen.

What about the technical support from ASUS, he offered me to reinstall WIndows (I did it many times, so I immediately excluded this option), and if after reinstalling the problem remains, then contact the service center

matko

Guys, in General, when the computer stopped turning on , I took it to the service center, where we replaced the processor and everything works well . However I still do not know what the reason was ,but the important thing is that all ended well ! Thank you for your help!