ronniko

Today i install new AMD driver Adrenalin Edition 18.10.1 Windows 7 64 bit and my program crush.

Discussion created by ronniko on Oct 13, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2019 by ronniko

My program work with old OpenGL driver. AMD Crimson 17.50.02 for Radeon HD 7950

Old driver create 4.5.13506 Forward-Compatible Context 23.20.15002.11

New driver create 4.5.13541 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 25.20.14003.1010

And with new driver my program crush.

My debug show this:

This is load animation (old driver version not get me this errors)

glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x696e610a' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x4d2e6569' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0xa0d0058' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
glBindBuffer in a Core context performing invalid operation with parameter <name> set to '0x646e6168' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

This is load textures:

Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glEnable in a Core context with parameter <cap> and enum '0xde1' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

Using glEnable in a Core context with parameter <cap> and enum '0xde1' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

In fragment shader i using bindless texturs this is get crush.

I write in fragment shader outputColor = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0); and my program launch fine.

In old driver i not get this errors and my program run fine.

I fix all errors in Using glTexParameteri in a Core context with parameter <pname> and enum '0x8191' which was removed from Core OpenGL (GL_INVALID_ENUM)

But fragment shader crush when using bindless texturs

And debug get me errors:

glGetTextureHandleARB has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

glMakeTextureHandleResidentARB has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)

I check return handle bindle texture. Return handle = NULL for all textures.

In old version driver i not get any errors about glGetTextureHandleARB and glMakeTextureHandleResidentARB and get me not NULL handle bindle texture

Outcomes