cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

danieldorantes
Journeyman III

AFTER INSTALATION MY R7 360 NOT RECOGNIZE MY HDMI OUTPUT AS A MAIN MONITOR.

AFTER INSTALATION OF ADRENALIN MY R7 360 NOT RECOGNIZE MY HDMI OUTPUT AS A MAIN MONITOR.

AND IF I CONECT ANOTHER MONITOR WITH A VGA CABLE TO THE MB THE RADEON RECOGNIZE MY HDMI AS A SECOND MONITOR ONLY  NOT AS MAIN.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Looks like your Caps Lock key is also broken.

Please supply INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​ , for someone to offer assistance.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Sorry for the Caps

Describing my system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD R7 360
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • AMD adrenalin
  • Display Devices
    • Asus VE247H 23"
    • GA-F2A88XM-D3HP Motherboard   Bios Revision:

• CPU/APU
    • APU AMD A10-7890K
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold

• RAM
    • 8GB

GA-F2A88XM-D3HP

0 Likes

Make sure that your R7 is the Main GPU used when the computer boots up and not the APU  integrated GPU in BIOS. If you are getting video from the Motherboard which is using the Integrated APU Graphics it could indicate that the integrated Graphics is the Main graphics being used thus you will have no output from the GPU Card.

It is possible that when you installed the driver, Windows changed the "Default" Audio device in "Sound Panel".

Open Sound Panel - Windows Settings or Control Panel and see if the HDMI Monitor that you want as the main Audio Device is set at "Default".

Make sure your HDMI Monitor is connected to the GPU Card.

0 Likes
leyvin
Miniboss

Certain Adrenalin Drivers have issues with A-Series APU and Discreet Radeon Cards.

The current "Recommended" 18.5.1 for example., typically will cause such problems.

What I'd recommend is, actually start with the latest Optional Driver (18.10.1) as this works fine on my Brother's A10 7850K with R7 360 and my friend's A10 7860K with RX 580.

This has been occurring with quite frustrating regularity since the introduction of the Adrenalin Drivers., as frankly I don't think AMD is properly doing QA on A-Series APU / Systems anymore... heck I complained about the fact that since 16.2.x on-ward you can no longer use a Discreet + APU GPU within DirectX 12 Multi-GPU as it results in a "Protected Memory" Error., but after my most about it got bounced about the forums with no word from AMD themselves even as an acknowledgement about the issue; ultimately I dropped the issue and had to add a Special Case to Disable Multi-GPU Support on A-Series Systems.

It's frustrating and stupid, especially as at the same time they dropped support for Hybrid Crossfire, so can't even provide support for that either.

Anyhow, if that driver doesn't work... just use the AMD Clean-Up Utility and download the Next "Latest" (Optional) until you eventually get one that works properly.

You'll likely need to keep this in mind that it could potentially occur again., as yeah it's been an on/off issue that can change as often as each release.

Of course if you find a good one, you could always just stick with it provided it has no major issues in most games.

It's not like there will be any major updates for the Rx 300-Series or A-Series APU., I'd personally recommend the 15.9 Drivers as they provide the best performance and compatibility... but given how AMD have also changed how to find their Legacy Drivers (AGAIN)., might take you a while to find them on their Driver Website.

Wish someone would go to their offices and give them a good slap., and tell them to stop trying to be Intel.

As frankly they used to care a lot more about supporting their Legacy Hardware... I know, it doesn't get them sales but it's part of why people were loyal to them as a brand despite them not exactly being Performance Chart Toppers. You knew your hardware would be supported and generally work exactly as intended.

Such behaviour was sort-of understandable when they were skirting bankruptcy, as like we're talking about only a handful of Driver Staff but today., I think they can afford to expand the team to cope with the workload of Legacy Support.

0 Likes