cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

youssuf_garelt
Journeyman III

Game performance on Legacy driver after Win 10 updates.

Games performance after Win updates. - Microsoft Community

To be honest and fair. I don`t know what to do.

I was playing till that ominous creators update which ruined my games for me.

The reply from Windows support is that the AAA technology is taking tall on my legacy HD Radeon 7600M. and one user claimed it would get even worse with future updates.

Can`t downgrade to Win 8. Can`t even install Win 10 without the windows update works and downloads and install the new updates and I can do nothing about it. 

All the games have the same issue. flickering, stuttering and weird font resolution.

Happens with all of my games even FIFA 07. FIFA 18 was working fine and I was able to run on low settings just fine till the creators update. The game doesn`t even launch now and my money was wasted. FIFA 19 demo is the same story.

AC Origins with 79 hours of playing time till I got the update and after it, ruination. all the same for Black Flag, AC III, Unity and Witcher Wild Hunt. Even FIFA 07 yet the problem isn`t that severe in it as I`m able to play just and only just with the flickering.

Please, guys I`m in a dire need of help and support.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Unfortunately, since the Radeon HD 7600M has long been moved to legacy status, there will be no further driver updates released for it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Unfortunately, since the Radeon HD 7600M has long been moved to legacy status, there will be no further driver updates released for it.

I realize that.

But what can I do?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, there is nothing you do, other that upgrading your hardware.

0 Likes

The last driver update is the 16.2.1...have you installed that?

0 Likes

Yes, I`ve it installed right now and the tested the game on the 15.7.1 and the same issue.

I`ve googled the issue before and someone said it`s about something called G-Sync. is it true?

0 Likes

G-Sync is an Nvidia solution for adaptive sync technology. So no it has nothing to do with any AMD product issue regardless of age or current level of support.

0 Likes

Install Window 10 1709 and disable Window update. It work fine. 1803 and 1809 is bad for AMD Legacy GPU.

0 Likes
adnan230
Journeyman III

I have same issue with HD7660D,, can't play

PLEASE UPDATE OUR DRIVERS

0 Likes

If you have a legacy driver you are out of luck from AMD, they no longer support it. They driver you got even though it reads AMD is actually being supplied by the Microsoft repository. So maybe you can write MS support and ask them if there is anything you can do. I would however still open a support ticket with AMD you never know and it never hurts to ask. As they say the worst they can say is NO or in AMD's case just not answer you at all. I feel your pain, it's tough having hardware that is still adequate for our needs that is relegated to the scrap pile.

AMD Support:

Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes