0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 1:34 PM by Szaby59

Stuttering and poor performance in Star Wars Battlefront 2 with R9 Fury

Szaby59

Sometimes, I experience low performance and micro stuttering even though previously the same area had no issues. Mostly on large open areas.

CPU: i7-4790k

VGA: AMD R9 Fury

RAM: 16 GB

OS: Windows 10 1803 and now happening with 1809 as well

Game: DX11, 1080p, Borderless and Fullscreen mode, Low-Ultra settings (tested every graphics settings), FOV: 85

Tested drivers: almost all Radeon Software from 18.5 to 18.9.3.

I attached a few screenshots, I'm using the in-game frametime monitoring tool and RTSS+HWINFO to display the framerates and GPU, CPU usage (the game stutters without these tools running as well).

The GPU usage is 100% but as you can see it's only 49-53°C - usually when I have high framerate and the GPU usage is indeed 100% the GPU temperature is above 60°C. It's like a utilization problem and the card is not fully used.

When it works I get a steady 60-100 FPS. I also have a freesync monitor - at first I thought it's a freesync-related issue, but it was happening even when I disabled freesync in the monitor OSD.

I also reported this on the game's bugreport forum, because I'm not sure if it's a driver or game related issue.

3.jpg

PERF.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg