AnsweredAssumed Answered

New RX560-4GB crashing intermittently.

Question asked by maxdfw1 on Oct 9, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 14, 2018 by dstmnd89x

Hey everyone, not exactly sure which part of the forum to post this, mods feel free to delete this if it's in the wrong place. I thought I'd try here after searching around on google, reddit, youtube, and several other places and couldn't figure out what is wrong with my PC.

-AMD Graphics Card

XFX RX560 4GB

-Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

-Operating System

Windows 10 64bit Pro

-Driver version installed

Latest as of 10/9 (18.9.3)

-Display Devices

Acer 23" monitor HDMI to HDMI on RX560

-Motherboard + Bios Revision

Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H - all chipset and bios up to date as of 10/9

-CPU/APU

Ryzen 2200G, stock clocks with wraith spire cooler + arctic silver five TP

-Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

EVGA 500BQ

-RAM

Corsair Vengance DDR-4 2400 4GBx2 kit

----------------

I just recently installed a new RX560 4GB (with a 6pin plug that is plugged in) in my system to game with. I was previously using the built in APU on my 2200G. Now that I have a graphics card in my system, I am getting all kinds of issues from black screens to reboots to driver failures to full lock ups that require a manual reboot. Sometimes my game will freeze then go to a black screen. Sometimes it hangs there and forces me to manually reboot the computer, sometimes it turns off my monitor and tells me no input and I have to manually reboot, sometimes it just reboots my computer immediately.

Before I had a dedicated graphics card I had zero issues with this system.

I have checked the event log and have these errors:

"Warning - Display - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." (this happens about 2-4 times a day, both while gaming and browsing the web)

"Distributed COM - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID" (like 20-30 times a day)

"Critical - Event 41 - Kernel Power - The previous system shutdown at 3:19:47 PM on 10/9/2018 was unexpected." (this happens about 1-2 times a day while gaming)

This is all while playing Forza Horizon 3 (the only PC game I currently have, I built this computer to play it)

-----------------

So far I've tried:

-full wipe & reinstall of windows 4x

-ssd diagnostics tool

-memtest for 8 hours, no faults found

-PSU test with OCCT

-Updated bios, changed CMOS battery, ensured nothing is overclocked or altered

-Furmark GPU stress test for several hours

-Furmark GPU & CPU test at the same time

-Prime95 test for 30 minutes

-wiping all drivers with DDU and trying both older drivers and newer drivers (currently on 18.9.3)

-Fully updating all windows updates and chipsets and everything else I could possibly update the drivers on

-Ive tried a spare 500W PSU I had, same issues, same reboots and freezes

-Reseated the ram, the psu cables and CPU, even got a new cooler and TP for the CPU

Does anyone have any suggestions? Things I should try? I don't have another PC to put the graphics card in unfortunately.

Outcomes