11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 10:47 PM by kc5vdj

wolfy350

• Re: Zen+ Vega Build
          jamesc359

Holy rats nest Batman!

It's a nice build, but yeah, it needs a bit of cable management.

whiskey-foxtrot

Oh my, that's one hell of a system! Congrats!

staggeredsix

What a nice build! Don't worry about cable management and other things of that nature. That's just a trend. There's nothing to gain but maybe some easier maintenance and showoff photos. I'm actually sad to see these comments and it makes me even more sad to know that it's happening in the AMD forums. Congrats on the system, congrats on the savage build and I hope it serves you well!

spinalfailed

It's actually not just a trend but rats nest wiring inhibits airflow. Beyond that why spend a bunch of money and time building something with nice parts and a windowed case if you're just going to throw it together like a rushed after thought? I think they have a solid base but stumbled at the finish line.

staggeredsix

Wiring management doesn't inhibit performance, just ascetics. The only thing that will cause issues with air not making it to a fan is a sealed case or something interfering with the operation of that fan. Saying that PC wires interfere with airflow is like saying that windmills cool the planet. It doesn't work that way. There's a reason why older PCs and prebuilts from HP, Dell, Lenovo and other OEMS ran/run just fine without all the behind the motherboard wiring. It doesn't matter. I think it's awfully rude to start making fun of someone's build because of cable wrangling.

spinalfailed

Claiming an obstruction isn't an obstruction because someone else does it that way doesn't mean it's correct. If you post something on a public forum, you want an opinion on what people think. You disagreeing with that doesn't change a thing. We provided our opinions. Plain and simple.

staggeredsix

Here's the problem, it wasnt an opinion it was an attack. I won't allow toxicity in the community forums. This ends here, it ends now. This is not a public forum, it is an official forum and when you make comments as you did you hurt the community as a whole. Keep the negative commentary to yourself.

• Re: .
                            kc5vdj

actually, linus tech tips tested this last year or the year before.

essentially, it really doesn't make much of a difference on airflow.

but, that being said, honestly, in an enterprise or government environment like I've worked in over the years, LACE THOSE CABLES, or at least use some "tweezers" it'll look better, and as others here have said, it will be easier to maintain / upgrade / service / clean / etc.