Desktop

Windows 10 64bit Home

Adrenaline 18.5.1

AOC Q2778VQE 2560 x 1440p @ 60Hz  HDMI

Asrock AB350 Pro4

Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair RM550

16GB ram

I have been having problems trying to get a RX 480 GPU to work, the previous 280X was fine but I have had issues when changing.

I was a t first getting the NO Amd graphics installed error, after following the trouble shooting page and a bunch of posts I was finally able to graduate to the following error message.

"radeon settings are currently not available. Please try again after connecting AMD graphics"

Now I am stuck here and not quite sure how to proceed. Hope I get get some help, I know it is an old GPU but it took a year to get the money to buy it. Would be heart breaking to lose out on it now after all the hours trying to get it to work.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Try using DDU in safe mode , as in a clean install, but choose to shut the computer down (not restart) when it's finished. Unplug the computer from the electrical outlet. (then click the power on button to rid the computer of stored energy) Remove the CMOS battery..for a few minutes...then reinstall it. Reboot the computer. Install the AMD drivers > Radeon™ RX 480 Drivers & Support | AMD

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Note: It's best to be totally disconnected from the internet while doing all this, so Microsoft doesn't automatically install a driver. After all is done, then re-connect to the internet. It is also best to delete all drivers stored in the C:/AMD folder.

Thanks for stepping in.

I  tried this ( disconnected from the internet and deleting the folder) however unfortunately it did not work.

At this point I have also tried a reinstall of windows and some older drivers, all have the same result.

0 Likes

Did you remove the CMOS battery?

What Is CMOS and What Is It For?

0 Likes

I did it. Took it out placed it on the side made a cup of tea and ran an errand in the car. It was out for much longer than 5m. Though it is an awkward position, I have to remove the GPU to get to it as it is located behind the GPU.

0 Likes