5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2018 10:10 AM by black_zion

APU overheating causing reboots

cntrlaltdel

So I recently RMA'd my main hardware and decided to run my old A8-3850 rig in the mean time. Issue is there are extremely annoying reboots after core temp reaches 75'ish area. Thing is I lowered to core ration is 16x and the issue still persists. I'd be willing to disable cores if I could but the motherboard doesn't support that.
      MSI A55M-P33 using stock cooler, reapplied thermal paste twice it's not the issue and the case is an ATX  case with rear 120mm exhaust so there's more than enough airflow.

2018-10-04 22_15_27-ControlCenter.png
      By default the fans are set to run at 100% which is quite annoying. I just want the PC to be reasonably quiet so I enable the smart fan control which ramps up at 70 degrees'ish but the CPU temp still climbs and ultimately turns off.

I just want to browse the web basically, not looking to game or anything so if anyone knows how to further limit the CPU so I can at least use the PC it'd be great if you told me.

Operates nicely at 35 degrees when everything is dormant but the moment you load a webpage or open a program it climbs quickly to 75 degree range. I have an AIO water cooler from the rig I RMA'd I'd really not like to install it just to browse the web on this machine