Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wuffzack
Journeyman III

FirePro M5800 and Windows 10

Hello to all,

I have a question. I`m still using an HP EliteBook 8540w mobile workstation which. Now I made a clean install with Windows 10 and have now problems with the FirePro M5800.

Windows 10 recognizes the FirePro as a 'Mobility Radeon HD 5000' which is of course wrong.

So I downloaded the latest driver from the HP Homepage (for Windows 7 64Bit) and was also able to install it manually. Now Windows 10 recognizes the FirePro correctly but Microsoft Edge crashes all the time.

When I set back the driver to the 'Mobility Radeon HD 5000' Edge is working again without any problems. 

So I think that there is an incompatibility problem with the driver and Windows 10.

Now I read in Internet that a beta driver for the FirePro M5800 exists which also should be compatible to Windows 10 but can`t find it anywhere. Is that true and where can I download it?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Br

0 Likes
2 Replies

AMD has no support for that graphics and Windows10. It does not meet Microsoft's minimum requirements...example: DX11 ATI FirePro M5800 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

FirePro™ M5800 Mobility Drivers & Support | AMD

Hi Kingfish,

I thought that the minimum requirement for Windows 10 is DX9 and the FirePro M5800 also supports DX11.

So I will try the Windows 8 Driver!

Thank you very much for this Information and the download link.

Oliver

0 Likes