Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

paulajedi
Journeyman III

Radeon RX580, AMD Audio Stopped Working

Apologies, getting rusty.

I have a Radeon RX580 card, Windows 7.  I installed the latest Radeon 18.9.3 drivers and now my audio doesn't work.

I thought I remember not needing two drivers.  See attached device manager photo.  Realtek driver says it is working.  AMD is not.

When I test Realtek, no sound comes out. 

The audio on my monitor is set to HDMI because I do not have a cord from my speaker to my PC.  The under monitor speaker goes into the monitor.

So, I disabled the AMD driver, rebooted, but this didn't help.  I assumed I didn't need it, but I still have no sound, so maybe I do?

I reinstalled the Radeon drivers to no avail.  Any thoughts?  I used to be good at this stuff but I must really be missing something simple.

Thanks in advance.

Radeon Software Version - 18.9.3

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin

Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 580 Series

Memory Size - 8192 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1366 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz

0 Likes
4 Replies
paulajedi
Journeyman III

More info:

Radeon Settings Version - 2018.0925.2319.41966

Driver Packaging Version - 18.30.19.01-180925a-333766E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01359

OpenGL® Version - 24.20.11000.13541

OpenCL™ Version - 24.20.13019.1008

AMD Mantle Version - Not Available

AMD Mantle API Version - Not Available

AMD Audio Driver Version - 7.12.0.7728

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.49

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.77

0 Likes

In Device Manager, try manually uninstalling the AMD Audio driver and then hit "Scan for Hardware changes" which installs the driver again and see if it comes back without error.

If it still comes back with error, in Device Manager again go to AMD Audio and see if you can install the previous AMD Audio that worked by clicking on "Roll back Driver" and see if it starts showing correctly.

You can also in Device Manager install the AMD Driver from Windows by clicking on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers in my computer" which probably be an older one but it might start working correctly again instead of having to install a previous AMD Driver set.

Or you can unpack the AMD Driver set that did work and manually direct Device Manager to install the AMD Audio driver only from C:\AMD folder after uninstalling the AMD driver from the computer using Device Manager Uninstall.

0 Likes
tutten
Journeyman III

RX480 + monitor LG 34UM68-P 34"

problem too...

radeon-software-adrenalin-18.9.3 - no work

radeon-software-adrenalin-18.8.2 - Work fine

0 Likes

Report this issue to AMD so they know about the bug. Then return to a driver you know worked. You can find a link for reporting in Radeon Settings.