I've got a problem with the driver installation of my GPU. The installer (Radeon software adrenalin edition 18.9.3) opens and when it comes to the point of detecting the hardware (in my case the GPU) my whole computer freezes and the only thing I can do is to reset. The same happens, when I try to use the AMD cleanup tool. The GPU also does not show up in the Windows device manager. The only GPU the device manager shows is "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", which also freezes the computer when I try to update the drivers, and "Intel HD Graphics".
Here ist the rest of the Hardware:
- Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
- CPU: IntelCore i5 3470 3.2GHz (overclocked, don't know the exact speed)
- Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
- RAM: 16GB DDR3
- Memory: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD
- (GPU: Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition)
If there is any important information missing please let my know!
Help me, AMD community! You're my only hope!