10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2018 6:38 AM by billy72

My CPU ryzen 7 2700x low benchmark score problems

fregoso

The first one was 1646 and the second one was 1104, I do not know what happened. I'm worried about my CPU. Thank you

• Re: My CPU ryzen 7 2700x low benchmark score problems
          black_zion

You are using DDR4-2666, of course you aren't going to score as well as people using DDR4-3200 due to the way Infinity Fabric works, running at the speed of your RAM. Yours is normal given your specs.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            misterj

fregoso, what changed between the two tests?  If you moved from W10 to W8, that will certainly explain it.  Please post your system specifications including power supply, OS and UEFI versions and the other HW.  I suspect it is long past time for switching from W8 to W10.  W8 does not have a task scheduler for Ryzen.  Please post your images using the function built into Reply.  Click the image icon at the top.  Enjoy, John.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              billy72

Hi fregoso

... it seems that the reason of very low score on the CB15 with R7 2700X it’s on your motherboard and their BIOS version. Motherboards Manufacturers update their BIOS to support different models of processors but that does not mean that they are prepared to get the maximum performance to all supported processors, especially the 2700x.

Based on my experience with ASRock AB350-HDV BIOS v4,90 PinnaclePI-AM4 1.0.0.4 (only 4 pin CPU power suply, no PBO option included in BIOS) with Ryzen 7 2700 (non X) OCed to 3850Mhz 1.27250v and 32gb HyperX RAM runing at 2666Mhz: my score in CB15 is 1746 and the system runs stable.

I can see that your BIOS version for your motherboard it’s since 5 months, it's a long time without any update from MSI, Ryzen Platform is in continuous improvement and it's up to the manufacturers to get those improvements to us the owners.

Allow me to suggest you have patience and wait for future updates from MSI and feel free to contact technical support in order to clarify your doubts.

Regards