Need to post information on your laptop for Users to have some idea on how to assist you : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION
Without any information I will just give some general tips on what to do until you supply the above mention laptop info.
1) Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your laptop
2) Always install the Drivers from your Laptop manufacturer's first before trying to install AMD generic Laptop drivers. If the laptop works correctly with the Manufacturer's VGA drivers installed then you can try updating to AMD Generic laptop drivers.
3) If your laptop has an APU installed (CPU with integrated Graphics) and you have an Intel APU you must install the latest driver for the Intel APU.
4) If you have a AMD APU then you must install the APU Driver and not the R7 260 Discrete Driver. The APU Driver will install both Integrated and Discrete (R7 260) Drivers at the same time as per AMD Forum : Laptop graphics update...How to
5) Follow this basic procedure for installing AMD Driver on a computer which is similar to above link from AMD Forum:
install AMD driver:
1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.
2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.
Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot
3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.
4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.
5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.
6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).
7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.