6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2018 11:51 AM by mech77

Lousy performance in Forza Motorsport 7 since 18.9.2

mech77

Hello,

since I've installed the Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 for my ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 8 GB OC I can't play Forza Motorsport 7 anymore because it has massive stuttering and lags and often it stopf for 3-5 seconds... Before it mostly ran fine (60fps on a 60hz Panasonic LCD-TV @ 1080p). There were sometimes some problems before with older drivers (the Forza developers are already aware of this and recommending an older version of the ADM Adrenalin-drivers). But I thought I would give newer drivers a change.

With older drivers (Januaray/February 2017) FM 7 ran perfectly for me. But in the meantime my game rig had a hardware crash due to a power supply failure. But also my 2nd rig is capable of running FM 7 perfectly @ 1080p60 as it did already. So it depends on AMD to fix the drivers to run FM 7 correctly. Game details are all set to Ultra, except Anti Aliasing and Motion Blur are set to off. My hardware specs ATM are:

Win 10 x64 Home OS

AMD Phenom II 1075T CPU

ASUS M4A87TD EVO Mainboard

8 GB DDR 3 RAM

GPU as named above

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI set to dts 5.1 and plugged with an optical cable to a Denon amplifier

Regular SATA 3.0 HDD's

Maybe anyone got an idea to run the game better? Thanks in advance and greetings.