AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lousy performance in Forza Motorsport 7 since 18.9.2

Question asked by mech77 on Sep 22, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2018 by mech77

Hello,

since I've installed the Adrenalin Edition 18.9.2 for my ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 8 GB OC I can't play Forza Motorsport 7 anymore because it has massive stuttering and lags and often it stopf for 3-5 seconds... Before it mostly ran fine (60fps on a 60hz Panasonic LCD-TV @ 1080p). There were sometimes some problems before with older drivers (the Forza developers are already aware of this and recommending an older version of the ADM Adrenalin-drivers). But I thought I would give newer drivers a change.

With older drivers (Januaray/February 2017) FM 7 ran perfectly for me. But in the meantime my game rig had a hardware crash due to a power supply failure. But also my 2nd rig is capable of running FM 7 perfectly @ 1080p60 as it did already. So it depends on AMD to fix the drivers to run FM 7 correctly. Game details are all set to Ultra, except Anti Aliasing and Motion Blur are set to off. My hardware specs ATM are:

Win 10 x64 Home OS

AMD Phenom II 1075T CPU

ASUS M4A87TD EVO Mainboard

8 GB DDR 3 RAM

GPU as named above

Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer PCI set to dts 5.1 and plugged with an optical cable to a Denon amplifier

Regular SATA 3.0 HDD's

Maybe anyone got an idea to run the game better? Thanks in advance and greetings.

Outcomes