Adding to the issues other people have reported, I've just got this monitor and having a struggle getting things working properly.
What I've found so far:
- With current drivers 18.9.1 Freesync doesn't work at all. Radeon settings lets me switch it on but has no effect. Games tear and also microstutter even at 90-100fps.
- With older drivers 17.12.2 the display constantly drops out making games unplayable. Blackscreen cycling etc.
- With even older drivers that Windows 10 installs automatically 17.1.1 Freesync works and there are no obvious issues, however these drivers are approaching 2 years old and I'd rather not be forced to be left that far behind. What happens when I want to get a new GPU these drivers don't even support?
Is there any word from the AMD engineers about investigating the issues with this display? I'm planning on upgrading GPU specifically to run this monitor and honestly can't see much reason to stick with team red if I can't use Freesync on my new Freesync monitor. I'd love to if possible though.
- CPU: Intel 8700k
- GPU: Radeon R9 390
- Mobo: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7
- 16GB RAM, 2x SSDs, 600W Corsair PSU
- Windows 10 LTSB build 1607
Any help much appreciated.