4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2018 10:20 AM by misterj

FX 8370 Crosshair V formula Z Hardware reserved memory

prince0rion

Hi, my current setup:

Asus Crosshair V formula-Z

-Bios Version 2202

AMD FX-8370 (liquid cooled w/280mm radiator)

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (2x8G) 1866 memory

CMD16GX3M2A1866C9

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

recently my system has taken to reserving whatever memory i install in the B1 and B2 slots of the motherboard for hardware.  i do not believe this was always the situation because i would routinely use greater than 8gb of ram (i play minecraft with a heavy modpack) at this point i know its upgrade time, but i have to wait till taxes. 

is there anything other than a new motherboard that can be done to remedy this until i can upgrade to a new chipset?

i have tried setting the startup memory limit in windows (it is unchecked by default, just for T/S i enabled it and set it to 4g)

i have searched the bios and reset factory defaults, with no change

i have tested every configuration with this memory and old DDR3 memory that is VERIFIED on the QVL, this memory is not i know, but the C10 version is

I.E. populated A1/A2, A1/B1, A1/B2, A2/B1, A2/B2, B1/B2

in all configurations anything inserted into b1 or b2 individually or together is hardware reserved when i get into windows

i have narrowed the issue down to hardware, and was also wondering, is it more likely the motherboard or the processor causing this?