cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

tinsau
Journeyman III

Morphological Filtering : how to disable in d3d11

I want to disable Morphological Filtering in my application.

My computer use  AMD Radeon r7 m260 display card.

My application that developed with c++ use skia and ANGLE. The ANGLE use d3d11.

When I enable Morphological Filtering, my application looks blurry.

I can disable Morphological Filtering with AMD setting ui, but I want to disable Morphological Filtering in my c++ code.  

Do you have good methods.

Thank you!

The Follow Picture show that blurry application.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
9 Replies
xhuang
Staff

Hi dipak​, do you know who from DX can help on this issue?

0 Likes

thank you.

0 Likes

I'll check with the DX team.

0 Likes

Hi tinsau,

My apologies for this delayed reply.

As I've come to know, currently DX11 MLAA is controlled by the Radeon Settings/Panel only.  At this moment, we do not have the means to dynamically/ programmatically control the MLAA.

The DX team does feel that your request is a reasonable one. They said, there have been discussions in the past on offering extensions to allow developers to control the settings. So hopefully features like this may be added in our future drivers, however they can't provide any timeline.

Thanks.

Thank you!

Can we programmatically control the Radeon Settings.

For Nvidia video card, i can control nvidia settings, so i can disable nvidia's fxaa.

0 Likes

AMD Display Library (ADL) SDK provides an API support to access and control some of the display driver functionalities for AMD graphics cards. However, currently it does not expose all the settings/features provided by the Radeon Settings GUI.

For more information about  ADL, please check its GitHub site here: GitHub - GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/display-library: AMD Display Library SDK

0 Likes
tinsau
Journeyman III

Hi dipak‌!

Can we disable Morphological Filtering in c++ code now?  

or

Can we programmatically control the Radeon Settings now?

0 Likes

I'll check with the related team and let you know whether it is supported with the latest driver.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I've sent you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Thanks.

0 Likes