5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2018 10:09 AM by jørgen

AMD A10-6800K Socket FM2 100W - Black Edition AMD Radeon HD 8670D - Source Code needed

tmurray80

To the DEV Gurus!,

I am inquiring about the general linux and pc source code for the driver below:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-desktops/a10-6800k-radeon-hd-8670d 

[AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1 GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AMD Radeon HD 8670D]

Reason being, is that the custom BIOS needs to be recoded to be compatible for this APU. It currently has a AMD R464L/HD 7660G (also, FM2 socket)

and I would like to give it some more horsepower. The ram is embedded circuitry, so unfortunately, that would not be able to be upgraded easily.

What kind of cooling is recommended? What type of internal power supply would be recommended? My internal power supply on this small, modular unit

is 35Watts -- which obviously wont accommodate the APU's need for more power. Let me know if you have any questions -- and I am definitely eager to

here any suggestions, opinions, or ideas!

AMD Partner/former Tech Lead A+,Net+

Travis M.

Travis.Murray@live.com