Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gurung
Adept I

"Hardware not compatible"

Hello,

Lately i have been trying to install drivers for my AMD Radeon R7 340, and every time i download the drivers (for eg amd pro control center) it says my hardware is not compatible. I have searched about it a lot and tried different remedies which includes usinf DDU in safe mode and installing again. i simply dont know what to do. Even before i start my game the game warns me that my graphic driver arent compatible or properly installed. Please help.

0 Likes
7 Replies
georges
Challenger

No you cannot install drivers from there(amd pro control center) also do you have APU ?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Im afraid i dont know what that is. Can you explain it to me briefly?

0 Likes

What's your CPU (Processor) and  the Windows Version?

sorry i wasnt specific enough. Its running on intel i7 and windows 8.1

0 Likes

Here is the correct AMD Drivers for your R7 340 GPU Card: AMD Radeon™ R7 340 Drivers & Support | AMD if you have a Desktop computer.

If you have a Laptop, then you need to download and install the APU (CPU with Integrated Graphics) Driver for your laptop which will also install the driver for your R7 340 by using AMD Forum procedure to update Laptop Drivers : Laptop graphics update...How to .

If you have a Desktop computer follow this basic procedure to install AMD Drivers:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

As my device is laptop and is running on win 8.1(64 bit) i alr downloaded the drivers from AMD Radeon™ R7 340 Drivers & Support | AMD

I downloaded Crimson Relive Edition 17.7.1 and it still shows that my drivers arent intalled or functioning properly.

0 Likes

Download your laptop manufacturer's AMD Graphic driver and install those. Using the same procedure I gave in my previous comment.

See if that AMD Driver works correctly in your Laptop. If it does. Post back your results.

By the way, AMD DOESN"T support Windows 8.1 anymore. There are nor will be no more NEW DRIVERS for that Operating System.

Make sure your Laptop Intel CHIPSET drivers are up to date by using Intel Driver Update app for your laptop. Intel CHIPSET must bee from the latest CHIPSETS to be installed for AMD Drivers to work correctly.