cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mr_leegetbusy
Journeyman III

I am having a problem with my Radeon XFX Rx 560 Card the fan starts to spin but when it loads Windows 10 Screen stops

I am having a problem with my Radeon XFX Rx 560 Card the fan starts to spin but when it loads Windows 10 Screen stops and starts to spin on 60 degres celsius like 30 RPM. I have Asrock 970 Pro R 2.0 and AMD FX 6300 CPU. Indicator on card says it has power and everything works but it has none fan speed unless it goes 60 degrees celsius. iI have disconnected the fan from the card and used the network cable to wire the fan on card that is directly connected to power supply so i could get some cooling. My question is is it about Windows 10 update or is it the AMD driver issue. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
2 Replies
bearcat22
Miniboss

It's now normal for the fan(s) on most graphic cards to idle unless the temperature reaches a certain point. 60 seems a bit high for me but it's certainly not to high. You can set up a custom fan profile in the cards software I imagine.

0 Likes

Activate AMD Wattman and use that to control your GPU card Fan. How to Tune GPU Performance Using Radeon Wattman and Radeon Chill

kingfish​ or someone else experienced in Wattman can show you have to best configure WATTMAN so the Fans cools according to temperature of the GPU.

By the way,

All RX 5xx GPU cards have a feature that the fans are turned off until it reaches a certain temperature. That is why when you first boot up the GPU fans are running and then stop when Windows loads the GPU drivers.

0 Likes