1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2018 8:36 AM by vitormonks

Problem in updating AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB driver

vitormonks

Hello!

I have a problem that I can not solve. I can not complete the driver update for my AMD Radeon R9 380 video card.

What happens:

The installation is almost all done and when the screen flashes, the image never comes back. It gets black eternal screen. The system still works, since one of the times I removed my headset and heard the noise of Windows when something is disconnected. I do everything, reboot, disconnect and relay, I even withdraw for a while the source cable and religo, but I am always stuck on the black screen.

It's not a Windows problem itself (my machine has Windows 10 Pro installed), since I've already formatted the machine and the first thing I did to test, was to update the video card driver and guess what, eternal black screen of the blinks and attempt to restart. I am able to use it without updating, but I lose a lot of performance and I see many errors of resolution that I did not see before. In version 1709 of Windows the card worked perfectly, but in version 1803 began this problem.

I have already formatted the machine to be in version 1709, but Microsoft, even disabling the updates, manages to circumvent it and ends up updating Windows for 1803 in a forced way, so I would like a permanent resolution to this problem.

I have also tried to update without being Radeon's tool, using the Driver Booster, but at the time of restarting the machine, I also fall on the black screen.

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my english.

• AMD Graphics Card

AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5 256 bits

• Desktop or Laptop System

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits Version 1803

• Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits Version 1803

• Driver version installed

I don't know how to see this, but i want upload for the last version

• Display Devices

1980x1080 resolution