11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2018 7:20 PM by black_zion

good board for Ryzen 2700x???

ddmeltzer8

Hello! (I hope this is the right place for this question)

This is my first posting on this forum so be nice!

I am planning to upgrade from an i5-7500/PRIME b-250 plus/2x8gb ddr4 2133mhz(cl14) to R7-2700x and a mobo in the low-mid range.I'm not planning to oc.I dont need there to be wifi,I already have a pci card.I need at least one slot for M.2 and 6 for sata.And I dont care about rgb/looks.

I also wonder about RAM,as I would prefer using what I already have.But it would also be nice to have the opportunity to upgrade ina year or two.I'm planning to use this new setup for several years.I will be using it for gaming mostly.I am running a gtx 1070ti and a bunch of samsung 850 evo's.

I also have a Fractal Celsius S24 240mm liquid cooler and all this is built in a Fractal Define C.My monitor is 1440 res.

Please let me know yr thoughts.Nothing is set in stone for me and I have money for whatever I need but I'm not spending more than necessary.I know I could get a better gaming CPU in the 8700K but since AMD finally has a contender of sorts,I will support everything non-monopolistic.Tell me if theres anything else I can answer!

Thanks in advance.